What is a Behavioral Support Counselor (BSC)?
A Behavioral Support Counselor is a staff member in a Yachad summer program whose focus is on behavior management of select participants. This program allows Yachad to serve a broader spectrum of participants in a professional manner. Behavioral Support Counselors will also serve to model behavior management techniques on site to other staff members. They will be supported, both prior to and during the summer, by the on-site program director, as well as, an off-site consultant who has extensive experience in behavior management. This program is designed for those who are looking for an advanced staff experience in Yachad Summer Programs. In particular, this may specifically interest those studying to be in the fields of Special Education, Psychology, Behavior Management (BCBA), Social Work or other related mental health fields. Prior experience working with individuals with special needs is highly preferred. Applicants must have completed Shana Bet/Sophomore Year of college or the equivalent.
Behavioral Support Counselors will also:
- Participate in two Sunday Training (Specific dates to be announced) and a more in depth pre-camp training program.
- Participate in internal and external webinars on the topic of behavior management.
- Be supported during the summer by the head staff on-site, as well as, a Behavioral Support Consultant.
What is the application process for the Behavioral Support Counselor?
- Filling out an application – available here.
- Supplementary form (will be sent to you shortly after submission of your application).
- Personal interview.
- Applicant must provide references.
- Practice event/program.