Yachad, the National Jewish Council for Disabilities (NJCD) is seeking outstanding post-college graduates who want to learn, grow and contribute to an innovative, thriving, and dynamic human rights organization that has been on the cutting edge of disability inclusion for the last 30 years. Candidates must be thoughtful and concerned about the broader Jewish community. Applicants must be able to think flexibly and creatively and also be interested in ‘doing.’
This year-long Fellowship, in the intersection of the Jewish community and the disability inclusion movement, will support the Fellows’ development in working as part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team aimed to meet the social and inclusion needs of Jewish individuals with diverse disabilities. This includes, but is not limited to, Autism Spectrum Disorder, developmental challenges, deaf and hard of hearing, physical disabilities, and medical health and mental health needs.
Yachad will be offering a few different placement locations this year:
- Our main office in New York City, with a focus on Community Leadership
- Our IVDU School in Brooklyn, NY, with a focus on Education
- DayHab in Brooklyn, NY, with a focus on Direct Care
- New Jersey Yachad in Teaneck, NJ, with a focus on Community Leadership or Direct Care
- New England Yachad in Brookline, MA, with a focus on Community Leadership
- Yachad Israel in Jerusalem, with a focus on Community Leadership
- Chicago Yachad in Skokie, IL, with a focus on Community Leadership
The Joel Daner Yachad Communal Fellowship (JDYCF) aims to shape emerging leaders who plan to go into careers in social work, psychology, medicine, education, not-for-profit management, development, public relations, policy planning or organizational leadership; or those who hope to serve the broad Jewish community in a lay leadership capacity.
The application deadline has now passed. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Yachad please watch the video below: