At the Marilyn and Sheldon David IVDU Upper School, we work hard to prepare each of our young adults to achieve the greatest degree of independence and inclusion within the Jewish Community and the world.
To this end, the Marilyn and Sheldon David IVDU Upper School, a division of Yachad, offers a pre-vocational training program for young adults, with separate girls and boys divisions. This program is designed to prepare young adults with disabilities to transition into adult life by maximizing their strengths and preparing them for the work world.
IVDU strives to enhance special needs students’ life skills and opportunities and ensure their participation in the full spectrum of communal life.
The Marilyn and Sheldon David IVDU Upper School program includes:
- A caring, warm, and dedicated staff
- Social and life skills training, which are vital for success in life
- Individual and small group speech and language therapy
- Pre-vocational training with job placements and job coaching
- Judaic and general academic studies, including math, reading, writing, and computers
- Gym activities
- A warm environment with Jewish cultural experiences
The Marilyn and Sheldon David IVDU Upper School offers families:
- Ongoing school consultations to develop and enhance effective teaching for diverse learners
- Government Advocacy
- Resources for families, matching appropriate academic programs with their child’s learning needs.
- Resource Library of books about various disabilities, for both children, parents, and educators.
The Marilyn and Sheldon IVDU Upper School programs are located at:
IVDU Girls School
1244 East 7th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11230
IVDU Boys School
1760 53rd St.
Brooklyn NY 11204
For more information, please contact 718-758-2999.